Test Your Physical Therapy Knowledge
So you think you know all there is about physical therapy? Check out this list and see if you know it all.
- Did you know that physical therapists work in a variety of settingssuch as hospitals, outpatient clinics, private practices, home health agencies, schools, nursing homes, and even the Emergency Room? PTIS is considered a private practice because it is not affiliated with a hospital.
- Did you know that are different types of physical therapy?The different types include (but not limited to) orthopedic, acute care, post-operative care, cardiovascular and pulmonary rehab, lymphedema management, wound care, and neurologic rehabilitation. PTIS primarily does orthopedic (dealing with musculoskeletal issues) and post-operative care.
- Did you know that physical therapists treat vestibular issues like vertigo?Patients that experience very brief bouts of dizziness with changes in position or movement of the head is a dysfunction of the vestibular system in the inner ear. It can successfully be treated in as few as one session with physical therapy.
- Did you know that physical therapists hold advanced degrees? Decades ago, physical therapist only needed a bachelor’s degree to practice. Today, medical knowledge has grown so fast that physical therapists graduate with a Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. And, physical therapists have to pass a medical board exam in order to obtain their license to treat patients.
- Did you know that in Colorado, you can be evaluated and treated by a physical therapist without seeing your doctor first? This is called Direct Access. Many states do not have Direct Access but in Colorado we have that benefit.