Beverly is co-owner of Physical Therapy and Injury Specialists (PTIS). She is a Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT) through the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy and is trained in trigger point dry needling. She recently became a Certified Fellowship Instructor with NAIOMT. In addition to her work as a manual therapist at PTIS, Beverly treats patients at Craig Hospital, the Rocky Mountain Regional Spinal Injury Center. She teaches courses for therapists interested in using a manual therapy approach for the SCI patient with neck and shoulder pain. In September, 2007 Beverly will be traveling to Vietnam and Cambodia as a delegate with the APTA to share with physical therapists in those countries. Beverly is a world wide traveler, having traveled to many parts of the world on missionary trips as well as for cultural interests. Her recent travels have taken her to Israel, to Greece and to Turkey to visit the First Century churches. Beverly has been an avid downhill and cross country skier as well as tennis player. Currently she works out through a daily walking and classical stretching program. Beverly is a member of Denver First Church of the Nazarene and participates in the women’s bible study group as a facilitator.
- Registered Physical Therapist since 1966
- Certified Orthopaedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) American Physical Therapy Assocation (APTA)
- Certified Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (MTC), Institute of Health Sciences, Atlanta, GA
- Certified Manual Therapist (CAMT), North American Institute of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (NAIOMT)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT)
- Advanced Certification Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (COMT), North American Institute of Orthopaedic Manual Therapy (NAIOMT)
- Certified in Trigger Point Dry Needling (TPDN)
- Currently involved in a five year research program on spinal cord injury at Craig Hospital
- National Lecturer for the allied health and medical professionals for the treatment of back and shoulder pain for patients with spinal cord injuries.
- Developed physical therapy and functional training program, University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, WI
- Consultant to numerous industrial consultation and injury prevention programs since 1985
- Presenter of hundreds of injury prevention programs and job-site assessments
- Master of Science, Safety Education, University of Wisconsin, Whitewater, WI