4 Questions for Gail Molloy
1. What’s new?
May 31st was the one year anniversary of my near death experience and traumatic injury to my left leg. Subsequently, I had a total knee replacement on January 2.
2. Why did you decide to have a Total Knee Replacement?
For me, I was not able to walk without crutches so my quality of life was affected. I think the decision to have a replacement needs to be made with how functionally your life is being affected and how it is affecting the rest of you (your back, your hips, your feet, and your other leg).
3. What was it like for a PT to have PT?
PTs are angels! Not only do they help with pain, range of motion and function, but they help alleviate fear and worry and set goals that keep you moving forward. Thanks to Janet, Nora, Sheri, Jessie and Renee! They would not let me slack off.
4, What have you learned from this experience?
I have learned so much…
- To be thankful for my family. My husband, my son and my sisters have been so great.
- To be thankful for my friends and co-workers for all the love.
- To be especially thankful to my business partner, Beverly Parrott.
- To be consistent with exerise daily and never give up, even when you don’t want to get out of bed.
- To set small reachable targets. One of my best days was May 1 when I walked without my crutches around a small lake. I felt like I climbed a 14er! Sweet victory.